Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My Emma...



...The one that pays the closest attention in our house :)
My sister gave me a necklace charm for Christmas, as did my husband...I didn't want to wear 2 at once, so I wore Will's for a bit. On Saturday night I put on the one my sister gave me...I left for Houston Sunday morning before Emma woke up (and before the chickens I'm sure) so I didn't see her until Monday when I got home. As soon as we sat at the table she said Mommy did you get a new necklace?? :) I was so surprised! :) I'm not even sure that I would have noticed if someone got a new charm! :)


And if this is any indication of how they will act when they are older, I am afraid. This is a crop out of a picture we were taking for Easter. Instead of looking at the camera, Emma decided she would pull her headband over her eyes and look at Lilly. And Lilly, instead of looking at the camera, was laughing at Emma. oh boy.........

Both girls had checkups today...Lilly's 9 month (even though she is 10 months Friday) and Emma's 30 month (I had no idea there was such an appointment until the office called me and told me "I missed it") So here we go into the office for an extremely long wait. Turned out to be not too bad. We had enough time in the waiting room for Emma to eat some cereal (out of a bag! HA!) and Lilly to eat a baby food. :) The appt was at 9:30, so there was no time to squeeze breakfast in before :) Lilly got weighed...27 pounds!! WOW!! I honestly have no idea how long she was or anything else. I was in awe at the weight. Emma was only 30 pounds...ha ha ha. If this isn't a repeat of me and my sister I don't know what is.

I love their Dr. :) His wife (who also works in the office) was a YWAM missionary back in the day. She actually was at the same camp that Will went to when he became a Christian. :) What a small world. Anyways, they know what we do and all that jazz...it's nice to actually know a little about your Dr. ...especially when you trust them with your children's health! :)
That's all for now...gotta run to get some Zyrtec for Lilly, then it's time for some baking! :) Biscotti, cookies, ... and something else I'm sure, for Chi Alpha "Coffee House" tomorrow night!

No comments: