Thursday, April 15, 2010

Can you read my Bible?

So Emma got a Bible for Easter. She loves the thing. I will share a few moments we have had with the Bible :)
This morning Emma says "Daddy will you read my Bible?"
Will says "sure, you want to read about Jesus"
Emma - "No I don't want to read about Jesus"
Will - "Well then we shouldn't read the Bible."
Emma - "I just want to read about when God made the moon." :)

About an hour later Emma brought me her Bible - she said "Will you read me a story about Jesus"
me - "Sure, let's find one"
Emma - "No, I will read to you"
me - "OK, go for it"
Emma - opens her Bible to a random page and "reads" "Jesus is alive, the end"
ha ha ha - she remembered something about that Easter story we read 400 times on the way home Easter Sunday.

After she was finished reading about Jesus she said she needed to put her Bible up - so she took it to Daddy's book shelf (normally a no-no for her) and she put it with his books and said that thats for the good books.


2 comments:

cougarhoogs said...

LOVE it! matt and i both had a good laugh at her already beginning understanding of the difference between "good books" and all the others. :)

Steve & Jennifer said...

that's pretty awesome jenn